Wisconsin Youth Services Librarians--this is for you! Your attendance is encouraged, especially as a community team member. Talk to your local partners now and clear your calendar for this great opportunity.
Supporting Language and Early Literacy at Home and in Early Childhood Settings
August 14, 2014
10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Central Wisconsin location to be determined
Introducing a series of language and early literacy professional development materials, designed for professionals in all early learning and care settings serving children, birth to 5.
To share a consistent message and set of training materials developed by representatives from the Department of Public Instruction, Department of Children and Families, Head Start, the YoungStar Consortium, and others, to promote best practice in supporting children’s language and early literacy development.
Who Should Attend?
· 4K coordinators, child care directors, Head Start coordinators, and trainers. We encourage attending as a Community Team!
· CESA staff including PSTs, Title I, and others
· School district literacy leaders including reading specialists, coaches, and interventionists working with children from birth to age five
· Early Childhood and related faculty at 2 and 4 year institutions
· YoungStar partners involved in literacy efforts, birth to 5
· WMELS trainers who want to understand how to extend the Domain III: Language Development and Communication
Costs are waived for this event thanks to funding from the WI Race to the Top – Early Learning Challenge Grant. Watch for details at www.collaboratingpartners.com
View the information above as a PDF
Image Source: Flickr