Two resources of note include the following:
- Planning for Early Literacy Success: Intersection between WI Model Early Learning Standards and Common Core State Standards (Live Binder): Guidance on setting learning expectations in language and early literacy for 4K that reflect both the WI Model Early Learning Standards (WMELS) and the Common Core State Standards: English Language Arts (CCSS-ELS). Includes resources on using recommended practice and research, local data, and alignment documents that show WMELS and CCSS-ELA for birth-5, kindergarten and first grade.
- This series of seven professional development sessions is designed to promote evidence-based universal practices that support the six standards-based content areas of early literacy. The target audience for training includes all teachers and providers serving children in the birth through 5 years range. While adaptations and modifications to meet the needs of individual children are strongly encouraged, universal practices are the primary focus of this training.
- Session 1: Vital Components
- Session 2: Language & Vocabulary
- Session 3: Phonological Awareness
- Session 4: Emergent Writing
- Session 5: Providing Effective "Read Alouds"
- Session 6: Infants & Toddlers
- Session 7: Family Engagement
Image Source: Pixabay